The Sixth Form
In January 2003 The Heritage School opened its doors to Lower Sixth Students for the first time. The aim of the Upper school is primarily to allow Heritage Form Four students the opportunity to continue into Further Education. Students from other schools are, however, welcome to apply and will be accommodated if places permit. As Heritage is a mixed ability school, this has enabled us to devise a variety of opportunities catering for a range of abilities. What is clear is that there is a course for everybody at The Heritage Sixth Form, be it purely academic, vocational or a combination of the two. We feel strongly that a worthwhile Sixth Form experience is not just about offering a wide range of courses but should also provide enrichment opportunities in the form of personal experiences in a variety of forms. Some of the opportunities designed to add depth and breadth to the Heritage Sixth Form experience include:
- Compulsory General Studies AS course in Lower Sixth.
- A wide range of cultural and sporting activities including overseas tours.
- Practical work experience.
- Community service.
- Careers guidance.
- Help with college/university application.
- Visiting speakers/lecturers.
- Tutorial period with a tutor responsible for a small number of Sixth Formers.
- Sixth Form uniform and privileges.
- Opportunities for positions of responsibility within the school.
Deadline for entries for commencement in January 2015 is 30 November 2014 for internal applicants and 31 December 2014 for external applicants. All applicants will need to complete and return the application form to the relevant Headteacher. Good luck with your reading, thinking and planning. Remember that we are always happy to help and to advise on any aspect of your Sixth Form plans, or your future career ambitions.
Heritage School is an accredited centre for:
Sixth Form Headmaster
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT WITH
MR Simon Allott
To book an appointment with Mr Allott please request a date and time from the calendar below.